Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Maui: Round 2

Quitting my job may have been the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's really allowed me to realize the importance of TIME and the role it plays in happiness. I have TIME now!! The amount I get to spend with Sophia has probably increased 500%. I have TIME to work out. I have TIME to be happy. I have TIME to sleep. I have TIME to eat. I have TIME to enjoy things I never thought I would... and that includes travelling to Maui with The Dr. twice in 6 weeks. This last trip to Maui was amazing. While The Dr. rode 450 miles on his bike, I had a lot of time to think about my business.

We stayed at the Seabreeze Inn in a little surf town on the North Shore called Pa'ia. It's basically a fancy hostel with 4 rooms to rent by the night, a shared kitchen, a pool, hot tub, snorkeling beach, etc. I'd call the architecture of the house very Hemingwayesce or something and the interior decor, um.., 80's African eclectic... It's random to say the least but oozing with character - as is the owner, Mark Reedy. He's a relaxed, 50 year old (although he looks 40), surfer/musician dude who pops in and out quietly to make sure everyone has what they need. We LOVED it there, and it will most likely be the place we stay from here on out.

Before leaving on the trip, I baked some Coconut-Lime White Chocolate Macaroons for Brad to take into work. They were somewhat of a peace offering to his nurses asking for them to "please not hate me for going to Maui twice in a month"... so I named them the "Don't Hate" cookies. They were somewhat of a random creation, but turned out yummy and pretty! Check out more pics on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/Sophisticookie


No comments:

Post a Comment